Art Grant Application are closed as of March 30, 2015
PEX Summer Festival is pleased to announce the availability of art grants intended to help defray the costs of materials and transportation related to creating and presenting works of art at the PEX Summer Festival. We are also proud to announce that in addition to the money raised at our Fundraising Events throughout the year (some of which goes towards Art Grants), we have also raised additional funds through the ART DONATIONS from our previous events. A big thank you to the participants who have so generously donated to the PEXSF Art Grant Fund.
Grants are intended as supplementary funding to help you build your project. PEX Summer Festival reserves the right to award less than the requested amount and/or pay in installments, based on completion milestones.
The deadline for applications is March 30th.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following (in no particular order):
- Quality: creativity, interactivity, thoughtfulness, originality, excitement, inspiration, social value
- Execution: planning, feasibility, safety plan, clean-up plan, budget, time-line, past work, exhibition program
Grant recipients will sign a contract stating their intent to:
- Create the proposed art piece within proposed time frame.
- Present the art as promised in the distribution plan.
- Present copies of detailed receipts greater than or equal to grant amount within 30 days of final grant award reimbursement.
- Return funds if project is not completed.
- Include the phrase “Funded in part by the Philadelphia Experiment (PEX) Art Grants” on any and all promotional materials.
Applications for Art Grants are through the FORM LINK. Your application must be 100% complete - answer all required questions and follow all directions or it will NOT be considered. The more details you can give us, the better we will be able to consider the application. A detailed budget is required. In addition to the form please send drawings/photos or diagrams to support your application to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please assume that any materials submitted will not be returned, regardless of application acceptance.
We will carefully review your application and notify you in a timely manner. Don’t be discouraged if you are not awarded a grant. We have limited funds and are forced to make tough decisions about where to apply them.
Thank you for applying!
Have an Interactive Art Event? Check out the Interactive Arts & Events Grant page.
Do you have 2D art you would like to show at the Art Walk in Center Camp? Want to show your 3D artwork? Check out the Artwork Entry page.